* 30th June - Automation of tweeting for following events: additional launches scheduled, additional catalogued satellites from recent launches, close conjunctions to ISS or CSS
* 8th June - Added launches pages for starlink launches which lead to individual orbit insertion graphs.
* 26th April - the three approximate Italian ground station locations have been added. Without online copies of any official paperwork and approvals the lat/long or curtent operational status is uncertain
* 19th April - not a lot to report. During a pause in starlink launches, quite a number of re-entries are happening. Judging by misdirected emails a large number of customers are waiting in limbo with little to no information from Starlink on their order progress. If you follow our twitter, the monday movie is getting tweaked slightly.
* 2022 Jan/Mar - All 2022 launches added as they became available. App altered so wifi-only ipads can load it. Android app in google play store waiting approval. Searching by NORAD now selects the satellite instead of just moving the globe. Altitudes are now continuously shown instead of changing once every two minutes.
* 30th December - ISS and CSS added to globe. Added re-entry predictions from space-track to globe. These appear as flashing red/yellow squares if there are any active. Zoom in for details.
* 22th December - Still no 18th December starlink launch satellites available for tracking. Some minor bug-fixes with new search option. Can search Launches now by typing a date or a launch #. Last launch being tracked is #32, #33 has no tracking yet
* 2th December - where is Oneweb? It has not vanished. In Settings, in Filter, select Oneewb (or GPS, or Starlink)
* 25th November - sorry for the fairly brief recent outages and issues relating to support for an up-coming App. They're back under control now
* 21st November - added the new batch from the last launch
* 16th November - clean up of top bar now all the extra functions are in "..."
* 14th November - Mercator projection is finally not annoyingly broken. Including pan and zoom and touch zoom
* 12th November - fixed bug for filtering by launches. You can now enter either launch numbers eg 1,2,3,5 or a range for example 10-15
* 6th November - In Settings > Home , for the purposes of guessing at line of sight reception, you can specify whether the terminal faces north, south or directly up. If it faces directly up then anything over 45 degrees above the horizon is considered visible. As per North or South, this is obviously a wild approximation.
* 4th November - added view density of starlink satellites in an area, option is in Settings.. Display.. Intensity
* 27th October - optimisations for less cpu. Feedback functions are growing in bottom right of screen. Added conjunctions analysis
* 19th October - customer coverage estimate based on ground station list is added. Turn off in settings
* 9th October - bug fixes especially on mobile. Now you can bookmark an object for example a direct link to view Norad 47914. Momentum.
* 29th September - added two more starlink batches, one tiny and one normal, and a new oneweb batch
* 7th September - southern hemisphere home - sat visibility flipped to looking south by default
* 14th June - added two more launches
* 21st May - added two more launches, fixed bug where ground stations were not being added as they are found, (see Europe for new ground stations), show starlink names with sufficient zoom. Added a close X to altitude history window.
* 6th May - updated the How To Use section below and reformatted the preferences modal slightly
* 16th April - added March 25th oneweb launch, and starlink launch 25 (24 officially)
Most preferences can be set (persistently stored) using the cog (settings) link at the top. You can increase performance by turning off rings, turning off ground station dots and filtering for active satellites.
Preferences can filter by launch number or numbers. Enter the list of launches with commas for example 24,25 would display only the satellites from that launch
Day/Night refers to coloring the satellites according to whether they are over land after sunset or after sunrise
Rings refers to very approximate area of usability. Of course the actual direction the reception dish determins actual visibility
Enter your home address in lat/long form (note the numbers must be negative f you need to enter West or South numbers) to enable default display of your immediate satellites and view count
Mouse: click hold and drag to move globe, zoom in with scroll wheel or two finger touch pad move. Zoom for more detail.
Mobile: use normal touch operations to move and zoom/unzoom globe
The ".." Download Data link downloads accumulated data on visibility of satellites second by second. Click it to download the file for your own amusement and processing (for example to determine your own metric on visibility over a period)
Map is live from latest observational data from space track dot org.
You can click satellites, or click ground stations for further information
Please refer to the Key (link at bottom of page)
Please shift-reload or clear browser cache if you feel the browser may be stuck with an old versionstarlink_map
Last updated: November 24, 2021
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Satellitemap.space
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Satellitemap.space.
Country refers to: Australia
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Application.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
While using Our Service, certain features may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You:
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission:
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company's servers and/or a Service Provider's server or it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
You can remove all information, at any time, by function of the Account page
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
To contact You: To contact You by email, or via a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, to improve our Service, products, services and your experience.
We may share Your - suitably anonymized - personal information in the following situations but no others:
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.